October 10, 2005

Obituary


We suffered a terrible loss in our household last night. After going for a few beers with Sean, the inevitable happened and I was dispatched to Domino's Pizza for food. On the way back I had the two pizzas riding shotgun with me, and one fell off. I briefly considered putting the pieces back together and giving it to Sean, but I was wary that the cops might be around and see me doing it. Passing off road-kill as a pizza is probably a crime and I didn't want to do time for it. So I abandoned the poor pizza there on the road. It's probably still there now.

So me and Sean had to split the remaining pizza, but still something didn't feel right about the whole thing. After a while I realized what it was. I was suffering from grief and I needed closure.
So this afternoon I made the journey again to Domino's and got another pizza. I knew it was going to be a difficult ride home with the pizza riding shotgun with me, and so soon after the loss of the other one, but I had to "get back on the horse", as the Yanks say.

This time there was no disaster. I made it home without incident and I even took a more difficult route with lots of turns on it. With my confidence sky-high, I hastily scoffed the pizza.

At last I have closure ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am most glad that you fianlly heeded my advice and went for a beer with you old pal Sean. But don't you feel that half the pizza that you had today, actually belonged to your friend Sean.

9:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, this has to be the most sorry excuse for a blog ever. Blogs are meant to be updated regularly. Have you got a job or something?

11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home